In the real estate industry, home staging is a hot topic. Staging is all about making your property look its best, keeping the buyers’ eye away from the imperfections, triggering an emotional connection and boosting its value at the same time. Here are our top tips to help you stage your home and sell it faster, for more money!
WHY STAGE YOUR HOME?
- To make it more appealing to buyers
- To your property look its best
- To keep the buyers’ eye away from the imperfections
- To trigger an emotional connection
- To boost its value
- So your marketing photos look so great, buyers have to come see your home
Here are our top 7 tips to help you stage your home and sell it faster, for more money!
1. CLEAN – Cleaning is the most important part of staging your home – start by tackling the kitchen and bathrooms. Make sure all windows are clean so buyers can see how bright and airy it is inside of your house. Deep clean areas and sources of bad smells.
2. DECLUTTER – Get rid of clutter and make sure all rooms are neat. Declutter closets and organize your belongings in a way that is pleasing to the eye.
3. UPDATE / MODERNIZE – Replace the outdated furniture with new modern pieces. Help your buyer see the beautiful modern potential your home offers. The market that appeals to the current modern look, is usually the market willing to pay the most.
4. REARRANGE – Rearrange furniture for optimal flow/layout in the space. Moving tables from the center of the room so they don’t block doorways. Removing bulky pieces that take up too much space without providing any benefit. Use mirrors strategically so it appears larger than what it really is.
5. REMOVE ALL PHOTOS – Remove any personal and family photos. Remember, these people will no longer live there. You want the buyer to see herself/himself living in the house, not you and your family.
6. REMOVE/ OPEN CURTAINS & BLINDS – Natural light is something all buyers are looking for. If you can’t remove the window treatments, pull open the curtains and pull up the blinds. This will help the home feel happier and brighter.
7. LIGHT & BRIGHT – The light bulbs should be bright and all the same tone. Make sure you have enough light bulbs for all lamps and lights throughout the house so buyers can see everything clearly. Dark homes don’t trigger positive emotions the way light-filled, bright homes do.
WHO CAN HELP YOU STAGE?
Let’s not neglect to point out how to achieve this. Your real estate agent can provide tips and can also provide a list of stagers. Our Sterling Homes team is located in the San Francisco Bay Area. We know that this process can be hard and will help you achieve success. Sterling Homes will guide you and make it easier for you. Our goal is to help our sellers get more money when they sell.
We hope you’ve found our article useful and we wish you all the best with your home-selling endeavors. If you have any questions or would like to speak with one of our real estate experts, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
Subscribe to get updates about new listings, open houses, San Francisco Bay Area monthly market updates & our latest blog. Sterling Homes team is excited to share these with you.